Author and speaker, Seth Godin, defines a "tribe" as a group of people connected to one another, connected to a leader, and connected to an idea that inspires their passion. Here at Mosaic, we think that is also a pretty good definition for the church, and for the various groups that make up a church community.
Godin goes on to argue that human beings have a need to belong, "to be part of a tribe, to contribute to (and take from) a group of like-minded people. Jesus called this collection of people the "Ekklesia", or what we translate as "church". This is a tribe of people who follow Jesus as their leader, contribute to the community, receive from the community and believe that they can do more together than they could if they were separate.
If you are exploring whether or not Mosaic is your tribe and you want to get to know people in a smaller group setting, please contact Matt. She will help you in your process of discovering whether or not your tribe is here, with us. We sure hope so!
Here are some ways to connect:
- Prayer For Youth & Kids - 9am during lent (3/5 - 4/9) downstairs at the Majestic. All are welcome.
- Women's Book Group - Contact Maren Anderson for more info
- Couples Group - Contact Donnie or Meredith to sign up.
- Let's Eat Together - A bunch of Mosaicer's that like to gather around good food and lively conversation. Contact Nick or Amy.
- Rhythm & Brews - Reading "The Cost of Discipleship" Contact gRegor for time and location.
- Vintage - A gathering for those who have aged like fine wine and gotten better with time. Contact Dale for more info.
- Moms & kids play group - Contact Erin Sprinkle
- Middle & High School Youth - Contact Fred or Erin
- You can also start a group if you want! Contact Matt