Mosaic at the Majestic
Feb. 25, 2018
"Clothing: #2 In Our Mutiny Against Excess"
Brunch Instructions During Lent: Everyone bring a simple bowl of oatmeal or other hot breakfast grain (toppings are ok).
How goes the Give & Take of Food? For those of you that were at our gathering, are you remembering what it was that you were going to "fast" this week? Were you going to cut something out or give something away? If you want some help, here's the list of ideas that we put on the screen. Be intentional and choose to do something!
- Limit yourself to certain foods for a period of time (Daniel Fast)
- Cut out seven ingredients. For instance, no foods with high fructose corn syrup, caffeine, sugar, white flour, alcohol, food dye, and/or partially hydrogenated oil.
- Don't eat any fast food or processed foods. Eat only whole foods.
- Feel burdened for a specific country? Eat their simple diet for seven days.
- Eat the same simple breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.
- Eliminate seven favorite go-to foods.
- Eat what you already have, no grocery shopping.
- Figure out how to use freezer, pantry and fridge ingredients you've already bought.
- Cut your weekly grocery budget in half (or in third!) and give away the rest.
- Experience more deliberate and simple eating and give the rest away.
- Fast entirely for one meal a day, creating 7 opportunities to pray and seek Jesus.
- Make a meal as if you were going to eat it, then take the meal to someone in need.
Our Lent focus is centered around the book "7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" by Jen Hatmaker. Over the course of the Lenten season, we will be looking at 7 areas of possible excess. We encourage you buy the book, work book or audio book (available on Audible).
Stay up to date with the discussions by clicking HERE.
Don't forget to check out what's happening HERE.
or get the app from the Itunes or Android Store
There are lots of new opportunities for involvement, so be sure to check the "Gatherings & Events" page.
If you would like to connect with others for a mid-week gathering or want to join one of the groups that are currently meeting, contact MATT.
Our weekly newsletter is the easiest way to keep up to date with what is going on. Simply CLICK HERE to go to the sign up page.